Welcome to our blog

Since most of our family and friends live quite a distance away, our new blog will share details of the next chapter
in our lives, adding a new member of the family!

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Ultrasound date moved up

Good news and what I will term interesting news, our ultrasound date has been moved to this Thursday, May 19. Results from my last appointment's lab work came back showing my protein levels were slightly out of the normal range. This could be an indication of a zillion things or just be what is normal for my pregnancy, but they'd like to do the anatomical peek sooner rather than later to rule out a majority of possibilities.

This is definitely fine with me because that means I get to see the little turnip (that's how everyone describes the size of the baby now) in just 4 days! It also means we should be able to find out the sex. It'll be at the early end, I'll just be 18 weeks, but they should be able to locate all the right parts to determine whether all is healthy and if we will be looking forward to a baby girl or a baby boy. Andrew and I decided, thanks to a brilliant idea from Brian and Ashley, that we'll ask the doctor to put the gender results in an envelope for us to take home. That way we can open it when it's just the two of us. It seems much more celebratory that way. Thank you Brian and Ashley for the good idea, I can't wait to use it! So I'll be posting the sex on Thursday or Friday, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment